From:
Lori Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:16:40 -0600
This semester marks my first foray into TBL.  I wanted to thank those of you
who took the time to send me information especially Karla and those who
posted to the list with helpful hints.

I set up the course materials on a website located at
www.frontiernet.net/~lbell8 for those of you who want to look or even
critique.

In regards to a previous discussion about student resistance.  When I
presented this course to my students I presented it as an opportunity to
have a more democratic class in which they get to make choices.  That seemed
to pique their interest.  It may be that because this is a work college my
students are more used to managing their lives.  On this campus, the
students manage and do most of the work necessary to running a college.

Lori D. Bell, Ph.D.
Economics Professor
Blackburn College
Department of Business and Economics

I refuse to believe I am a piece of dust
scuttering through uncaring space. I
believe I count--that I have work to
do--that there is need of me... With my
last breath, I sing a psalm.