From:
Lion Gardiner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:18:46 -0500
I just printed out Larry's message and found 3 pp. of message and 12 of
trash code.

Lion Gardiner

Michael Sweet wrote:

>Sender:       Team Learning Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Michael Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      The"horrible e-mail" problem on this list
>
>A guess is that people are sending HTML formatted messages to the list and
>either the list server, a mail server somewhere in between, or individual's
>e-mail clients are not able to recognize and display HTML.  So you see the
>HTML code instead of the prettied-up text that the HTML is supposed to
>render.
>
>I use Outlook Express and I know that it defaults to HTML-formatted
>messages.  Even when you set the default to "Plain Text" sometimes when
>*replying* it still wants to run home to mama and format in HTML--you must
>manually set it to "Plain Text" on a message-by-message basis.  (Unless
>there is some hidden setting I have not found.)
>
>So. . . if no server-related setting can be fiddled-with, I recommend folks
>take special care to ensure they are sending "Plain Text" messages to the
>list and see if that helps.
>
>Just my $.02.
>
>(I am sending this as "Plain Text."  Hope you can read it!)
>
>-Michael

Lion F. Gardiner, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences       "We can't solve problems by using
134 Boyden Hall                                                         the same kind of thinking we used
Rutgers University                                                      when we created them."
Newark, New Jersey 07102-1811
(973) 353-5450 (voice), -5518 (fax)     Albert Einstein
Department office: -5347 (voice)