Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:18:55 -0400
Mark,

I try to have team interaction/team work of some sort in nearly every
class.  If you limit team interaction just to RATs, there is little time
to really build a team; rather, it is a group of students taking a test
together.

I use RATs, simple on the board multiple choice questions that require
group interaction, short answer problem solving, then build up to more
complex mini-projects (that can be accomplished in class).  I also
lecture, but integrate these other activities into the class, replacing
some of the lecture with questions/problems for groups, and lecturing for
clarification or emphasis.

Molly Espey