From:
"Gebauer, Renate" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gebauer, Renate
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:09:58 -0500
Hello,

I am new to TBL but intrigued by the approach and I plan to adopt it in one of my courses(upper level Ecosystems Ecology course) to start with.  However,for my lower level ecology course I was considering using the IF-At scratch forms only as a way to hold students accountable for the readings.  So my questions are:

Does anybody in the group have experiences with just using the forms without switching the entire course over to TBL?  Is it effective when asking students to complete the forms outside the class and hand them in at the beginning of the class?  Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I was also wondering whether there are any ecologists that already use the TBL approach?  It would be great for me to get in touch and exchange experiences. Please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Finally I am right now on sabbatical in the NY city area and I was wondering whether there are any TBL users nearby (in any discipline), which would be willing to let me observe their classes.  If so please let me know at [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your help and feedback

Renate Gebauer
Environmental Studies
Keene State College