From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:47:55 -0500
Hey Everyone,

I am gathering the experiences of faculty developers who have ever suggested or helped someone else implement TBL.

I am writing an article which will include the experience of those who have suggested TBL to others and what they have learned from the experience.  So, YOUR opinion is a priority!

In your experience:

- What kind of teachers/students do you think "take to" TBL or did not?
- What was the hardest part for another teacher to accept/design/execute?
- What are some adaptations you have seen teachers make to TBL based on their own style?
- For a newbie, would you advocate wholesale "overhaul" vs. incremental "evolution"?
- What do you think contributed to the greatest success and greatest failure to implement TBL that you have seen?

- MOST IMPORTANTLY:  What advice would you give to others about how and when to (and how *not* to and when *not* to) recommend TBL to other teachers?

Any and all responses will be very, Very, VERY appreciated and--with the author's permission--cited in what I am writing.

Thanks!     :-)

-Michael

Michael Sweet
Instructional Consultant
Division if Instructional Innovation and Assessment
The University of Texas at Austin
(512) 232-1775 : MAI 2206