From:
Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:09:04 -0400
One approach is to not show the responses to the class, but instead ask
"Why might someone answer A? Maybe you ultimately answered with another,
but why might someone have selected this one?" You'll get less reluctance
that way (OTOH, you don't get "ownership" either). I use this with
clickers when I'm doing peer learning (easier to do in large classes than
TBL). I'm pretty sure I saw this in this video by Eric Mazur (who
popularized peer instruction in physics): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwslBPj8GgI
or in http://www.compadre.org/per/items/detail.cfm?ID=4990 .

Rather than clickers or boards I make up, I use small white boards and
have them show the answers they wrote on the board all at once. This might
work for you too.

      - Bill

Jennifer asked:

--