From:
"Emke, Amanda R." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emke, Amanda R.
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:28:37 -0600
I did a pilot study that asked my students some basic knowledge
questions and compared the results from my first year of teaching
(straight didactic) to that of my first year using TBL. There was a
statistically significant increase in the number of correct answers in
the TBL group.

That being said, I still have students that complain they are "missing
out" on vital information since TBLs have replaced many of their
lectures. I think it will be hard to convince them without more hard
evidence.

-Amanda

Amanda R. Emke, MD
	Course Master, Pre-Clinical Pediatrics
	Instructor, Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
	Fellow, Division of Pediatric Critical Care
		St. Louis Children's Hospital
	One Children's Place, NWT Box 8116
	St. Louis, MO  63110