From:
Fritz Laux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fritz Laux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:18:50 -0500
Lara:

It seems that both of your courses build on some prior learning.  I give my
first RAT at the beginning of the second week (after giving only a
demonstration RAT during the first week).  This RAT covers some reading
which is mostly review material, covering what they should know upon
entering my class, but may be rusty on.

This helps me cover the prerequisites or basic skills for the course and
students seem to be OK with this.  If anything, they like early RATs because
the IF-AT forms are fun and the team building is fun.

Best,

Fritz Laux
Associate Professor of Economics