From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:46:57 -0500
Since the T-RAT is a team effort, if the person is absent they miss
those points. I used to allow for iRAT make ups in the testing center
for up to one week after a missed iRAT. However that was way too much
coordination and effort on my part and it did little to help the team.
So I devised the one extra credit opportunity for my class. Students a
may do an article review from a peer-reviewed journal on a topic related
to the team decision. They must share their article review with their
team after I approve it. This helps them with research and hopefully
helps their team with their decision and is a more meaningful
assignment. Article reviews are worth the same amount of points they
could have earned on a iRAT/T-RAT and must be completed before the team
decision.

--

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"