From:
"Levine, Ruth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levine, Ruth
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:58:57 -0500
While my initial thought would also be no, one question I might explore is how good is the appeal? Especially if the RAT is new, I might have overlooked something in the preparatory material, and in fact there may be a very close second answer. I don't want to discourage the students if in fact they have discovered a bad item--after all the purpose of the appeal if for them to learn--and if they have explored the question and have learned something (and can teach me in the process) then I need to be open to the possibilities.

On the other hand, most of the time when a team chooses the correct answer and ONE student wants to appeal his/her individual grade, it's just a matter of point-grubbing.
Ruth