From:
"Sibley, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sibley, Jim
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:01:18 -0800
Ideas off the top of my head

Use your CMS for the IRAT....might help classroom logistics for RATs

We divide our big classes (not as big as this class) into number of
divisions (we have team A1-5,B1-5, etc)....it helps us in the reporting
to ensure that we at least engage different parts of the classroom. I
think engagement during reporting will be your biggest issue since one
person from one group will be talking at any one time. We have talked
about having the division reach a consensus decision and then do the
reporting by division.....have quite figured out how that would
work....yet.....we have also tried to think of ways to foster
inter-division competition (bonus points, status....who knows) to
increase engagement during reporting.

I have been talking to PRS (classroom response system) about the
possibility of displaying results on a classroom map (i.e. a clicker per
group)....this would let students and instructor quickly see the
diversity of thinking between groups (since you will
have....uuuugh....55+ groups)

I will be VERY interested on how this works out.

Jim