From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:00:35 -0500
I handle it in two ways:

1) Just don't score applications.  By this time, they are hopefully
"sunk into" the material enough to be eager to see what other teams
think/do and so at least somewhat motivated to do it themselves.

or

2) Have them turn in a SHORT written rationale for why they did what
they did.  It should be something they can write in class, and you can
grade it with any of various rubrics (as long as they know what rubric
you are using).

I like the "team that got the most votes gets a prize" idea, but only as
a playful motivator, not for points.  If it were to be for points, I am
almost certain teams would frequently collude outside of class to ensure
a "tie" just like individuals do with peer evals when those have points
attached.

Good luck!

-Michael