From:
Richard Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:03:05 -0600
After struggling for years with the failure of students to dedicate
time for RAT preparation (readings & online lectures), last
semester I experimented with splitting the RAT for each module
into 2 pieces.  Each of these 1/2 RATs took only 1/2 of a class
and there were 10 of these shorter RATs during the semester
instead of one for each of my 5 modules.

I was pleased with the results: iRAT scores increased by about
20% and tRAT scores by about 10%.   I got no push back on my
student evaluations about too much testing.

Rich Woodward

--
Richard T. Woodward, Department of Agricultural Economics