From:
Sheila Pinchin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sheila Pinchin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 22:09:43 +0000
Hi Dee:  Our suggestions re application exercises are to break them up into smaller chunks and debrief after each.

We use medical cases as our application exercises, where students have studied about diverse medical conditions and presentations on their own.

We are always looking for good examples and good questions (Tasks)  for these cases that will allow students to delve into a topic, not give a quick surface answer.

best,
Sheila

Sheila Pinchin
Manager, Educational Development & Faculty Support,
Undergraduate Medical Education
Queen's University

613.533.6000, ext. 78757