From:
"Davidson, Lindsay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davidson, Lindsay
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:48:16 -0400
I have made online modules using very simple platform such as this:

https://meds.queensu.ca/central/community/limpingchild

Students are expected to complete prior to class and they either contain content that is testable on RAT or present cases that will be discussed in more detail in application exercise such as this one:

https://meds.queensu.ca/central/community/bonepain:patient_files

Students get both the 'start' of the cases as well as a framework that I use in class in the application exercises. The motivated among them can therefore prepare for the cases, although some material is held back. It also gives me a nice way to present images and sometimes video hard for everyone to see well in class -  they get better view on their own computer screens.

Lindsay Davidson M.D., M.Sc., M.Ed., FRCSC
Associate Professor, Pediatric Orthopaedics
Chair of Teaching and Learning
School of Medicine: Clerkship Director, Term 5 Director, Undergraduate MSK Course Chair
Queen's University, Kingston, Ont
(613)544-9626; Fax (866)-545-1519