From:
Dee Fink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:50:08 -0500
TBL Listserv Participants:

Below is a response to Holly Bender's question, from Jim Sibley at the
University of British Columbia.

Dee Fink

>Hi Holly
>
>We have an open source automated peer evaluation tool...allows you to
>build rubrics, create scheduled emails to students and view compiled
>results by group
>
>Overview Site
>http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/ipeer_site/
>
>Demo Site
>http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/ipeer_demo/
>
>The Code
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipeer
>

>If you have any suggestions for the tool...let me know...I currently
>have a developer working on it.....we are looking at incorporating
>questionnaire tool that will let the instructor create questionnaires
>.... And build groups from the questionnaire results...by sorting to get
>the required diversity of some criteria and homogeneity on others.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Jim Sibley

>Jim Sibley
>Manager
>Centre for Instructional Support
>Faculty of Applied Science
>University of British Columbia
>2006-2324 Main Mall
>Vancouver, BC Canada
>V6T 1Z4
>Phone 604.822.9241
>Fax 604.822.7006
>Email [log in to unmask]
>Web www.learning.apsc.ubc.ca
>(c) Copyright 2004, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information
>contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively
>"message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
>recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is
>not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
>received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution,
>or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
>this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
>and delete the original message.

L. Dee Fink, Director                   Phone: 405-325-2323
Instructional Development Program       Email:  [log in to unmask]
Hester Hall, Room 203           FAX:    405-325-7402
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019                       IDP Website: www.ou.edu/idp

President of the POD Network [Professional and Organizational Development]
in Higher Education
Author of:  Creating Significant Learning Experiences (Jossey-Bass, 2003)
Dee Fink's Website:  www.ou.edu/idp/dfink.htm