From:
Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:01:12 -0500
I agree that it can be hard writing good application exercises. But, one
set of hints can be found here at "3 Tips for Great Question Writing,"
http://teach.com/great-educational-resources/teaching-question-writing .
While this is written for clicker questions, I'm pretty sure that many of
the general principles apply to AEs. In particular, I was impressed with
the references to Willingham and Pink as well as the various concepts
the author discusses like working memory and transfer.

    - Bill

Dan said:

> I don't have suggestions, but have a comment I'd like to share with the
> whole list, because no one told me, and others might benefit from hearing
> this. Designing genuinely good team assignments is *seriously* hard. Way
> harder than anything I found on the TBL website would lead you to believe.
> I say this only because under-appreciating this lead to a rather shocking
> first outing for me. Caveat Doctor.
>
> Dan Acland.
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:56 PM, James Latham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > I will be using TBL for the first time in my microeconomics course this
> > Spring. Designing activities that are effective with this approach is my
> > biggest concern. I would love any advice on TBL activities specifically for
> > Econ.  I would greatly appreciate any activities that have worked great &
> > any info on what NOT to use.
> >
> > If you have any suggestions please reply to me directly and not the list
> > serve. Thank you,
> >
> > Michael Latham
> >

> > James "Michael" Latham, Ph.D.
> > Professor of Economics