From:
Brenda Collings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Collings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:55:08 +0000
Hello Terry,

I have 3 courses this term - 4 classes - they are 2nd, 3rd and 4th year accounting classes.

Each week there is homework online however I extend the deadline to complete it to beyond the class in which we do the IRAT etc.  and I also give more than one attempt.

Some students do the homework before the IRAT class, others postpone it until they are more comfortable with the material - ie after the class.

Those that do it early have commented how they prefer to know what they don't understand during the homework assignment rather than on the IRAT.

The homework is worth 10% of the final grade, same as the IRATs - to add motivation to complete it -as we know in Accounting that practice is critical.

Also, the homework questions I choose are on the most critical topics that they will see Team Activities about, and then tested on Midterm and Final exams.

If you have any questions you can reach me at [log in to unmask]

Brenda

Brenda Collings, BBA, MBA, CPA,CA

Senior Instructor, Accounting

Faculty of Business