From:
Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 18:18:36 -0400
One question I have on this issue: my students are upset when I write poor
multiple choice questions (i.e. when the correct answer can be debated by
those with a fair amount of knowledge of the material). I certainly see
the point about rich discussion and am intrigued by it, but I'm not sure
that I could tell them with a straight face that I'm assigning grades on
something that intentionally is not clear. In short, might this harm how
students view the instructor? Might this be too big a bridge for students
new to TBL?

     - Bill

--
Bill Goffe