From:
Janet Stamatel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Stamatel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 15:33:07 -0800
While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of cheating (likely from listening
in/observing other teams), I have had a few instances where individually all
students on a team did poorly but then they worked out the correct answers
in their teams.  I have 10 teams so I'm able to circulate the room during
the team test and listen in on the discussions.  (This also discourages
cheating.)  I've seen this process at work and it's pretty amazing.  On my
last RAT of this semester, one team commented to me after class:  "We all
had different answers on our individual tests but managed to get 100% on the
team test.  That's pretty awesome!"  I followed up by asking why they think
that happened and they were able to specifically discuss their team
decision-making process.  It was pretty amazing to hear them debrief their
experience.