From:
Josie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:08:54 +0000
We use 4 - 2 - 1 - 0
We have A-D (4 option) MCQs for our tRATs, so I couldnąt justify giving 1
mark to the students who have exhausted all the options.
If you have A-E then I can see 4, 3, 2, 1 (0) making more sense.
I wonder whether one gets more discussion with the 4/2/1/0 option. The
fact that getting it right first time is worth double the points may
encourage students to spend more time thinking/discussing their preferred
response and coming to a proper consensus. But that is just a gut feeling
- I wonder if anyone has tried to see whether it actually makes any
difference? Does anyone know of data on this?
Josie ?

Dr Josie A Fraser
Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology, Bradford School of Pharmacy
Associate Dean for Learning & Teaching, Faculty of Life Sciences

School of Pharmacy
Faculty of Life Sciences
University of Bradford
Bradford