From:
"FEIGENBAUM, GAIL" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
FEIGENBAUM, GAIL
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:10:02 -0600
Hello, All!

I have been using online iRATs, and then have the students do the gRATs when they get to class.  Began to do this about a year and a half of go in making the move to a hybrid format.  It has been working well.  Per Sunay Palsole @ UTEP, students have only 20 minutes for the iRATs....and the iRATs are open a limited amount of time.

Grade spread is the same.  gRAT discussion is just as lively, if not more so.  I have quite a diversity of students......no HS degrees to phd's coming back to re-train for a new field.  My spoecial needs students also benefit....they say that they don't feel the pressure that they feel in class when everyone is working faster than they are.

Gail

Gail Feigenbaum, RN, PhD
Nursing Assistant Instructor
School of Health, Wellness, Public Safety
Central New Mexico Community College
Office - Main Campus, ST 10A
Office Phone - 505-224-4000, ext 50163
Cell/Message Phone - 505-463-2010
Campus Email Address - [log in to unmask]