From:
"W. Lance Hunt" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
W. Lance Hunt
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:55:11 -0500
I teach Freshman composition. I.e. a class that has individual papers as the primary grading
criteria, and frankly, as the entire point of the class. Team learning sounds fascinating, but
antithetical to the nature of my class.  A person must learn to write a paper on their own.
To do otherwise is to breach academic integrity, at least of this class. (One cannot
represent as one's own work the work of someone else, nor of a collaboration.) Is there a
work around to a class that demands individual projects as the fundamental grading criterion.