From:
Gagnon Douglas Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gagnon Douglas Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:54:25 +0800
Hello Hope,

I would strongly recommend you explore an Open Source software called LAMS --not the sheep. :-)

I have been using it to support the development of a Team Based Blended Learning PhD programme here at Duke-NUS GMS with very positive results. (I have also used it to set up, deliver and support fully online master's courses in Mechanical Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University.)

I believe you will find that it offers you a very productive and supportive way to meet all your requirements as outlined in Need 1. It has many features that allow you to structure the activities within a prescribed learning trajectory; group students -- automatically, your choice, their choice; set up Gates --based on dates, conditions, permissions; provide feedback -- marks, written; control what answers they see or don't see... etc.

In addition, and since this is a group of online students, you can insert grouped chats (forums) between activities to allow them to discuss their thoughts --and you to monitor/support if you so desire-- before moving to the next activity GRA - which you can control based on the conditions you set up at the Gates.

That's brief, I know but you can visit this site for more information.

http://www.lamsinternational.com/

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Paul Gagnon, MED | Director, Centre for Excellence in Collaborative Learning |
Medical Education, Research, and Evaluation (MERE) | Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore | Khoo Teck Puat Building | 8 College Road Singapore |169857 |
W: (65) 6516 8881| F: (65) 6227 2698 |
email: [log in to unmask] | web:  http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg;

 Skype: paul_gagnon
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gagnon
    Blog: http://tertiarypedagogy.blogspot.com
"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." - Henry David Thoreau
"A good word will find its own market." Lao Tzu