From:
"Kubitz, Karla" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kubitz, Karla
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:45:05 -0500
Something I thought you might be interested in...

I'm teaching a minimester class (3 and a half hours a day... 1-4:30 pm...for 12 days) using TBL and we were down the the next to the last day of class today.  The weather forcast was for snow flurries.  However, by noon, it was snowing steadily and there was about an inch accumulated.  I don't know about where the rest of you are, but in Baltimore, when it snows things (schools, etc) typically close.  So, I wasn't expecting very many of my students to actually come to class this afternoon.  Some live a half an hour or more away.  Anyway, I had 28 out of 29 students in class today for almost the full 3 and a half hours.  And the one student that missed e-mailed his assignment in during class time.  Amazing!  I attribute it to TBL.  The student's didn't want to let their teams down (... we were doing an integrative team assignment).

Karla