From:
Mary Mccord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Mccord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:49:41 -0600
Hi Sandy,
We had one student out of hundreds so far that complained.  Also, the noise of the scantron machine as it graded other tests bothered her.  She was allowed to take her individual RAT out in the hall, then come rejoin her group for the Group RAT.  Mary

Dr. Mary McCord
405 G Dockery
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO  64093
(660) 422-2857

>>> Sandy Cook <[log in to unmask]> 1/5/2011 5:23 PM >>>
One of my faculty members asks how you help students who say they are distracted by all the noise in the classroom during the GRA & Application.  They feel it makes it hard for them to concentrate and contribute?

This might also apply to individuals who have certain disabilities.  Has anyone dealt with those issues?

Sandy COOK, PhD | Senior Associate Dean, Curriculum Development |
Medical Education, Research, and Evaluation (MERE) |
Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore | Khoo Teck Puat Building | 8 College Road Singapore |169857 |
W: (65) 6516 8722| F: (65) 6227 2698 |
email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | web:  http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg<http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/>;

Administrative Executive: Belinda Yeo | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 6516-8511

Important:  This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you.