From:
Brent MacLaine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent MacLaine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:41:53 -0300
I have been using the grid (with student numbers) on team folders for years. Since the number system is a reasonable strategy to ensure privacy, I do not considerate it to be in violation of any privacy guidelines or regulations.  I do, however, explain the system and why it has been set up that way.  I have never had a single complaint from a student.  In fact, my sense is that students appreciate the efficiency of the system while paying attention to their privacy.

Brent MacLaine

Brent MacLaine, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of English