From:
"Levine, Ruth" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levine, Ruth
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:46:03 -0500
I  would like  to echo what Michael has said. I appreciate that it  can be frustrating when you come to a website and you run into a "$60 paywall". But please trust us that we in the TBLC are not trying to enrich ourselves, we are only trying to survive as an organization.

The $60 dues help pay not only for administrative support, they also provide support of our annual meeting, business expenses such as mail and fedexing of supplies, a presence at conferences such as the AAMC and IAMSE, brochures and A-E cards for workshop leaders, teleconference support for our many committee meetings, and a variety of other uses.

We do not get support from any university or other organization for the TBLC.  Like Michael said, many of us have spent a considerable amount of our own time and money contributing to the organization. We are not trying to make a profit. We are anxious for the organization to be valuable to its members, and are working hard so that it may be that way. We debate every decision regarding what to keep inside and outside the "paywall," so we are sensitive to your feedback. I hope you can appreciate our perspective as well.

Yours truly,

Ruth E. Levine
President, TBLC