From:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:59:03 +0100
Just to add to this debate.  We were initially thinking of our assessment as 30% RATs (iRATs weighted at 10% and tRATs weighted at 15%) plus an exam taken 2 weeks following the end of the course worth 70%.  Exam would focus on bringing elements covered in the course together.  We are now however having a major rethink and considering only including the RATs as the method of assessment (there are 4 units in the course).  Reason being that we will have achieved the learning outcomes through the RATs and application activities and as yet are not convinced that the exam will add anything of significant added value.

I would add that this is taking place of reviewing the amount of assessments our students do in non TBL courses (all except our EBP course) throughout each academic year.  I would welcome others views on this.

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education & Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Truro