From:
Richard Falkenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Falkenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:48:03 +0000
I was about to ask a similar question about teams when I saw this discussion. We have just finished the first year of using TBL as part of a new curriculum at our medical school. We kept teams together throughout the first year and also used the same teams to work on "case of the week" .  I assumed we would change teams for their second year when a questionnaire was sent to the students asking them if they would like to stay in the same groups for their second year. About 85% said they would like to stay on the same team; this averages 1 person per team that would like to change. ( A couple teams had 2 people that want to change others had none.)

The faculty is now trying to decide what to do with this information. The options suggested have been to keep the same teams, form new teams or just move the students who want to change teams.

I would appreciate any further comments or suggestions on this matter. (I will keep my opinion to myself as not to bias the comments.)

Rick Falkenberg, M.D.
Assistant Professor
University of Nevada School of Medicine
Office of Medical Education / 0342