From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 21:38:36 -0500
Richard,

I admire tremendously the structure and inclusion of your posts, but I feel you might find that you get more response if you take a more informal approach in electronic communications.

E-mail listservs are not academic journals, and I fear that your laudable desire to follow academic protocol might in fact have a "chilling effect" upon the collegial conversations you hope to inspire.  This is more of a "faculty lounge" than a conference floor.

I have nothing but respect for the diligence and rigor of your posts, but I submit that a less formal format may stimulate more of the discussion which you seek.

You are among friends here, my good fellow, let us speak plainly.  :-)

-M