From:
"Sibley, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sibley, Jim
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:59:47 -0700
Hi

I think Francine Glazer at Kean University is using TBL for biology
http://www.kean.edu/~biology/FacResInt.htm

These website mentions TBL in Biology Context

http://gallery.carnegiefoundation.org/collections/keep/whitney/whitney2.
html

http://www.umaine.edu/teaching/PeerCon.htm

Pharmacy specific

http://www.aacp.org/annualmeeting07/mon_016.html

There are lots of medical schools using TBL in the pre-clinical years

Sandy Cook at National University of Singapore - Duke Medical School
might be interesting to talk to since she has built a TBL curriculum
from the ground up (they are at end of first year of implementation....I
think)

Jim

Jim Sibley
Director
Centre for Instructional Support
Faculty of Applied Science
University of British Columbia
2208-6250 Applied Science Lane
Vancouver, BC Canada
V6T 1Z4
Phone 604.822.9241
Fax 604.822.7006

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.learning.apsc.ubc.ca
Blog: Adventures in Instructional Support:
http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/wordpress/
e-Portfolio:
http://ipeer.apsc.ubc.ca/wiki/index.php/Jim_Sibley_Portfolio
(c) Copyright 2008, Jim Sibley, All rights reserved The information
contained in this e-mail message and any attachments (collectively
"message") is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient (or recipients) named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this message in error and that any review, use, distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
and delete the original message.