From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:31:25 -0500
I do a sort of delayed IF-AT with the CPS clicker software.  In student
manages mode testing,  I can see  as  they complete  the T-RAT which
items they missed.  I circle that item on their test and draw a line
through the incorrect answer.  Then I given them the chance to correct
it. If they get it right on the first try they earn 50% of the points.
If necessary,  I give them another chance, and I draw a line through the
second wrong answer.  On their third attempt, if it's still wrong,  I
explain why theres were wrong.

Another way tis could be done with CPS is to have them complete the
T-RAT then from the reports tab open the results in edit mode.  The
click on regrade test.  You can see which one they missed and do the
same process as above.

I hope this makes sense.  I've included screen captures of examples of each.

Bill Goffe wrote:
> Also, a combination of IF-AT and proportional weights on the different
> answers could be done electronically. It could work like this:
>   1. The teams selects the weights on the different answers (20% on A, 80%
>      on B)
>   2. Select one answer and get feedback; repeat as necessary.
>
> I wonder if this could be integrated into a CMS like Angel or Blackboard?
>
>       - Bill
>

> Jim said:
>

>>    Dan Robinson at UT Austin does indeed have a PC version of IF-AT
>>
>>    Guess we could have at least one student per team bring a laptop.....hope
>>    our wireless network can take it
>>
>>    The most popular clicker...iClicker has no mechanism for feedback....so
>>    they couldn't be tweaked to do this
>>
>>    I still think there is something fun, social, engaging with the scratch
>>    off....that might be lost on a computer :-)
>>
>>    jim
>>
>>    On 09-09-17 8:43 AM, "Meeuwsen, Harry" <[1][log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>      Were the folks at UT-Austin not developing an online IF-AT system 2
>>      years ago?
>>      Has that gone anywhere?
>>
>>      Harry Meeuwsen

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology
Adjunct Professor of Psychology
Austin Community College
Highland Business Center
5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.
Austin, TX 78752
“I, and every other professor on this campus, are
here to help you to find, take back, and keep your
righteous mind.”

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"