Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:15:38 -0400
In my experience, most students who are allowed more time want to try the
iRAT with the class and it usually works fine.  For those who do need more
time and aren't comfortable doing with the class, I have small enough
classes and few enough of those types of students to just make
arrangements to take the iRAT early, sometimes just during the time period
right before class, then they just read or relax while others take it in
class, then join in for the tRAT.  I could make similar arrangements
through our testing center if they need it read to them or something like
that, letting it take it there, then joining the team for the tRAT.

In 8 years or so of using TBL, I think I've only had a couple of students
who had a hard time with other daily team interactions in that they needed
more quiet or time or whatnot and just really had a hard time adjusting to
the format.