From:
"Sweet, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:41:05 +0000
I¹m with Bill, in fact I worry about some ethical implications of
intentionally writing bad questions.

If students know going into it that in this particular activity there are
arguable questions, great.  But if they just apply the normal mental
template of test-taking expectations, this could lead to some unnecessary
upset.

The ³good news² is that I usually have at least one poorly-written
question no matter how hard I try, so . . . Hooray?

-M

Michael Sweet, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Director
Center for Teaching & Learning Through Research
Northeastern University
215-F Snell Library
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115