From:
Susan Hazel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Hazel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:43:04 +0000
Hi Tom,
I've done TBL for an animal ethics module in my course for the last 3 years and am happy to share materials if it would help. The readiness assurance is OK but I'm still working on perfecting application exercises. I've recently read 'Team-based learning in the social sciences and humanities' (Ed Michael Sweet and Larry Michaelsen) which I'd highly recommend if you haven't read it, and think this year I'll try some concept map approaches to the application exercises, where students map on large sheets of paper the different ethical approaches to a specific scenario and the factors influencing a final decision. I do think TBL is a great way to teach an area such as ethics where there are lots of grey areas, and if you give them an authentic and significant problem the students will embrace discussions.
Best wishes,
Susan

Susan Hazel BVSc BSc(Vet) PhD GradCert (Public Health) MANZCVSc
Lecturer in Animal Behaviour, Welfare and Ethics
School of Animal & Veterinary Sciences
THE UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
Roseworthy SA 5371 Australia
Ph    : +61 8 8313 7828
Fax   : +61 8 8313 7972
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.
Think green: read on the screen.