From:
Jamie Sneddon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jamie Sneddon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:30:09 +1200
Hi Christine

I've had a few students not show for RAT, and have given zero for both
the iRAT and tRAT component. I see this as fair; it would be hard to see
how a student might justify that they had contributed to the tRAT
component mark.

Of course, if they are sick or otherwise unable to attend then I assess
the component fairly. But no excuse, no mark.

If you want to teach being part of a 'real' team, then finding out an
overseer (teacher/employer) notices your absence and doesn't give
acknowledgment for the work of others is also the 'real' world in action.

Cheers,

Jamie

--

Dr Jamie Sneddon
Undergraduate Advisor

    09 9232121
Fax 09 3737457

Office hours during teaching weeks:
9:30-10:30 Monday and Wednesday
2:30-3:30 Thursday
10:30-11:30 Friday
(and other times you can find me, or by appointment)

Mail: Mathematics Department
      Private Bag 92019
      Auckland Mail Centre
      Auckland
      New Zealand

[Information in this email and any attachments is confidential to the intended recipients and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not use, distribute or reproduce this message or its attachments. If you have received this email in error, please let me know.]